Campbellford is a beautiful riverside community nestled along the banks of the Trent Severn Waterway in the rolling hills of Northumberland. Almost centrally located between Ottawa and Toronto via Highway #30 – north of the 401 at the Brighton exit or south of Highway 7 at the Havelock exit. Campbellford is approximately one days journey by boat from Quinte Country northwest & about the same from the Kawarthas southeast.
Giant Twonie in Old Mill Park – Photo by William Stewart
There’s lots to see and do while in the area: Campbellford’s downtown is the largest commercial area between Belleville & Peterborough with the Trent River uniquely creating an east & west side to the downtown. Historical commercial buildings give character to the town and the main bridge is a strong, visual, focal point.
We are accessible by foot, bike, car or boat and promote a friendly, helpful, caring community as well as a safe place to shop. We have a diverse retail community with clothing boutiques, gift shops, antiques, groceries, personal needs, furniture shops and more, enhanced by great one-of-a-kind eateries. Parking in town is abundant and now free on and off the street. Development of the waterfront is progressing in downtown Campbellford with street scape and boardwalks first in line.
- A browsers heaven with a great eclectic mix of one-of-a-kind shops such as Empire Cheese, World’s Finest Chocolate, Doohers, & Bennett’s to name just a few.
- Accommodations to suit from cozy B and B’s or riverside inns to camping in Ferris Provincial Park
- Mouth-watering eateries that will make your taste buds dance
- Located on the Trans Canada Trail for hiking, biking, four wheeling, skidooing, and skiing
- Outdoor adventure at The Ranney Gorge Suspension Bridge spanning 330 feet, 30 feet above the Trent River
- Home of The Gigantic Two Dollar Coin recognizing local artist, Brent Townsend, who designed the Twoonie.
- Westben Arts Festival Theatre offers world class music in wide open spaces
- The Aron Cinema which plays first run movies at small town prices also highlighting talent from our area and beyond on their stage
- Three 18 hole Golf Courses within 15 minutes of town
- Generations of Fishermen return to Campbellford to test their skills
Festivals and Events all year round.
- “Small-town Ontario” – Come home to Campbellford!
For information about Campbellford please contact the Campbellford BIA at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 705-653-4335 or toll free at 1-800-246-1142.